ABUELA’S RICE PUDDING (Cuba)
Jose Miguel Hernandez (Tales From the Salt City)
Prep Time: 17 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
1/2 cup white rice
3 cinnamon sticks
1 condense milk
1/2 Gal of regular milk let to evaporated with the rice and you need to move and move the spoon around and around ( sing a song if you want too )
2 cup sugar (AZUCAR!)!!!!!
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
ground cinnamon for garnish
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, boil the rice with water, and cinnamon sticks for long time maybe 30 minutes
2. Add the condense milk , regular milk and sugar when the rice grains begin to split open. and soft
3. Reduce the heat to low and cook the rice mixture until creamy. Remove the mixture from the heat. and reserve for garnishing. Mix in the vanilla extract.
4. Place the rice mixture into individual serving cups and chill for about 1 1/2 hours.
5. Garnish with powdered cinnamon and cinnamon sticks before serving.
6. And love, a lot of love